Tuesday, February 03, 2009

WEIGH IN DAY #1

Eating very healthy for the past two weeks and drinking plenty of water has paid off!! For the first weigh in I have lost 5 lbs!! Yea!! I wanted to lose 8 lbs... but I am not complaining... For the next two weeks I have to step up and exercise... That is going to be the key to losing weight this time around!!



I do have to admit that eating healthy sure does make a person feel better... I am not doing any sort of diet... my plan is just to eat HEALTHIER... Lots of fresh fruits and veggies... cut way back on the simple carbs and eat more complex carbs... I am going to try to cut sugar and dairy completely out of my diet... I already eat only lien meats... I can tell you the last time I ate a steak was on my birthday back in September... I don't even buy hamburger anymore... I buy ground turkey... lots of chicken... and some pork (only when Melissa isn't around).


There is a show on the BBC... don't remember the name of it and the dietitian on the show recommended cutting out dairy and all processed foods... She goes into the home of REALLY fat people and shows them all the food they consume in a week... then she shows them how to improve their diet and how to get more exercise... I might have to start watching it every Saturday to get some ideas.... The thing I picked up on one show was that eating azuki bean (red beans) is really good for you!! Do you think I can find azuki beans around here anywhere.... heck no!!

A little information on these magic beans...

azuki bean = adzuki bean = Tiensin red bean = aduki bean = asuki bean = field pea = red Oriental bean = feijao bean = red chori
Equivalents: 1 cup dried yields 3 cups cooked beans Pronunciation: a-ZOO-kee Notes: The Japanese use these small red beans to make sweet red bean paste, but they're also good in rice dishes or salads. Azuki beans are sweet and relatively easy to digest, so they won't make you as gassy as other beans. They also don't take as long to cook. Substitutes: black azuki beans OR red kidney beans OR Tolosana beans

If anyone has any good recipes that uses azuki beans... please share.... I will share with you too!!

Meg...

2 comments:

Nicole said...

WOW!!! Good job! I am so impressed. I think I'm going to start doing Tuesday weigh-in days too. That is so cool. I need to crack down on my eating habits...sounds like you're doing so well!
And definitely share some of those bean recipes..I'll start looking. :)
Love you

Karen said...

Good job Meg! I didn't do so well-no loss :(
I need to cut out the sugar and simple carbs too so can rid of the cravings for that junk! Thanks for the inspiration!