Monday, February 16, 2009

F A I T H


Since I have re-directed my life back on to the right path... God... Christ... and Church... I've had a lot of spiritual experiences... Recently I feel that my faith is being tested. On fast Sunday I had an issue that I needed confirmation on. I made my decision of how I felt it needed to be handled. I decided to take the path of least resistance... the one I felt would maintain a sense peace in my life and the lives of those I love! Well, I began my fast with a prayer asking for confirmation on my decision... I was so sure this was going to be a piece of cake... NOPE... The next morning I got an answer that totally floored me!! My answer was... NOT to take to take the easy road... but to confront, to hold firm and to stand up for myself. I was so stunned... I was so confused. Did I hear right? Did I get the answer from the right source? So, I went to my Branch President and told him what I was feeling. He then confirmed that when I first told him about the situation that he knew then that I needed to stand up for myself... So... a week goes by and I am still struggling with what I am suppose to do... The next Sunday comes around and I still have not done a thing... so again I go to the Branch President and I ask for a blessing... Monday comes around and I don't do anything... I am so full of fear... Tuesday comes around... and I finally decided that I need to face my fear... so I faced the person I needed to talk to... and it wasn't bad at all and I can't believe I wasted so much time and energy worrying... I should have gone by faith and did what the Lord asked me to in the first place!!

This past Sunday in Sunday School... the first scripture the teacher asked to be read was D&C 8:10. The one I needed most the past few weeks... The scripture is so plain and so simple. That is why I didn't give it a fancy graphics treatment... plain and simple... it's faith!!

1 comment:

Shar said...

just the reminder I Need. thank you!!

and I'm so glad you did what you knew you needed to. I'm so glad you're feeling the peace you needed now. love you!!