Thursday, February 05, 2009

I miss being....











Oh I miss being "Super Mom"... when the kids were all little they would bring home colds and the flu. They would pass it amongst each other... I would hug.. kiss and love on them and I rarely got the flu... How could I.. with 6 kids in 10 years... I was just too busy to get sick... When one of the kids would say... "I can't kiss you Mom, I'll get you sick!"...I would smile and reply back..."No you won't I am 'Super Mom" and she doesn't get sick". And I do have to admit... I rarely got the flu... Do you remember the Asian Flu back in the 80's... I do, becasue that one I did get... it was 1986... Oh I was sick with that one!! Then in the early 90's Christmas Eve... I had 2 kids on the couch already with the flu... Santa was waiting for them to stop throwing up so she could bring the presents out... She waited as long as she could... She brought out the presents... and poor Christy found out who Santa really was... in the wee hours of the morning...as I made my bed on the floor and I was getting ready to lay down and go to sleep... I felt my stomach... oh I had the flu too... I didn't get any sleep that Christmas Eve...


So that brings me to today... I woke up feeling just fine... went to work for just 4 hours. I was feeling like yea...extra time off... I'll get some stuff done... Came home... made lunch... ate lunch... then the pain started... ooohhh it hurt... my stomach really hurt... I took some tums... no relief... Christy called to tell me about her fantastic day... I couldn't concentrate on the conversation... I hurt when I stood up... It hurt when I laid down... I took some more tums... no relief... I couldn't read.. I couldn't watch TV... I couldn't even lay in bed and suffer... So I grabbed my phone and made some work calls...












I was beginning to think I was having an appendicitis or something... it really hurt... BTW...I am a big baby when I get sick... so I may be over exaggerating... well to finish this up... I ended up getting rid of everything in my stomach... I fell asleep for several hours... woke up pain free.. but stiff and ached all over... Tomorrow I will stay home and rest and fell get 100% again!!


I think one of the worst things... now that the kids are grown and gone... I didn't have anyone to take are of me... that is until Melissa came home from school... she went and bought me a 7-up!!

No comments: