Thursday, February 05, 2009

Alone


















Everyday I am amazed at how many feelings anger can block. The past couple of weeks I am learning what it really feels like to be alone. The first week was not fun at all... for me I felt like I wanted to cry...and my chest felt hollow... like a piece was missing. I wasn't in the best mood... a good night sleep was only had when I was finally exhausted enough to sleep all night long...

This week I started to read a book that my friend Tammy told me about called, The Peacegiver... It is a novel with some deep messages within the story. It's made me think a lot about me, my life and the choices I've made. Some I am happy with, others...hmmm not so happy with. As long as I keep trying all will be okay! The book is about forgiving others... but I am hearing another message about being alone and that I am not alone... even when I feel alone I am not. I am learning to lean on Heavenly Father when I feel alone and lonely... I am also learning that I need to base my decisions on my conversations with him thru prayer... and not based on a poll of my friends :) I need to let Heavenly Father lead me and guide me and teach me what I need to learn... Hey!! I know that song!!

Last night was Divorce Care... I am always excited to go and learn more. Each week we watch a DVD with a message from several experts in the field of divorce. Therapists and counselors mainly... The topic was going to be on depression... but the DVD player quit working so we are going to be behind one week... which also gives me another week to work in the workbook about anger... my ex-best buddy :) ... My new best buddy is HOPE...

I did get to go and see Little Miss Abby... She is such a doll!! We sat on the floor and played with her toys... Tory got to play on the computer and Brent watched TV...

Meg...

1 comment:

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I love that book. Remember you are arent alone and you even have people on the other side in phoenix praying and thinking of you. I am sorry what life has brought to you. you are a wonderful example and a very strong woman.