Thursday, February 19, 2009

I am thankful for my adversities...I am thankful for my adversities...I am thankful for my adversities...

Since Friday and the accident my stress has been building... and more and more things keep going wrong... So, I begin to count them...

  1. My car is dead (Friday)
  2. Melissa has a concussion and I worried about her health (Friday-Wed)
  3. The house heater isn't working right. I purchase and install a new thermostat... no help so I call repairman. He comes figures out the problem... has to have part shipped. Weather is going to get frigid again... and I am out of wood. (Tuesday)
  4. My client has some health issues Tuesday night and we are at the ER from 11pm to 3am. We come home and she is awake most of the night... not feeling well... since she is awake so am I....(Tuesday thru Wednesday)
  5. Melissa has to have a CAT SCAN and I have to be at the hospital. I have to call in staff to be with client. (Wednesday)

So I have 5 things broken or breaking down... if things happen in 3's... I am starting to wonder what is next... I am feeling like I just can't take one more thing.... it's just too much. Why am I being tested like this? What did I do to deserve all this? I am trying so hard to improve my self and my life... it just isn't fair!!!

Melissa and I get good news from her CAT SCAN... she is fine!! No damage to her head or brain.. I could have told the doctor that... she is an Abreu...RIGHT!! I get my morning shower at 3 pm... I have Divorce Care group tonight... should I go? I have a good excuse not to go...no sleep. I decided that I need to go, because once I find a good excuse not to go... it only gets easier to find other excuses... I get dressed and ready to go... I am able to take the most uncomfortable mini nap I've ever taken... wake up and head to Maryville...

As I am driving to Maryville I am thinking... I am running right on time. I have to stop at Tory's and drop off my camera so she can use it... and some ranch sunflower seeds. I will only have enough time to give Abbers a quick kiss then off to class... I then start having a my own little pity party because of all the things going wrong! Poor little me...I am looking up the road and I see a car cross the yellow line, then I see it swerved to miss a truck, over corrects and hits the ditch and rolls.

I can't believe what I just saw. I just watched a roll over accident. I pull over. Grab my cell phone. Run towards the car while dialing 911...It was a lot harder to do than it sounds. The driver is conscious... and talking. She is upside down with her head in the passenger seat and her feet in the drivers seat and her butt up in the air. She wasn't wearing a seat belt. The 911 dispatcher asks me where I am located... and you know what? I didn't have a clue to what highway I was on... I know the way I need to go to get to Maryville... But, I don't know the numbers of the roads... the dispatcher runs the GPS on my phone and gets our location... by this time more people have stopped to help.... I wasn't much help because the 911 dispatcher wanted me to maintain contact with her... so I kept the dispatcher updated on the condition of the lady in the car. The accident victim wanted us to move her to make her more comfortable... being upside down, must have been miserable. But, we all knew we couldn't move her... it took forever to get the first responders there...I have never heard a sound so welcoming as the sirens... I knew she was hurt pretty bad as there was a large puddle of blood on the floor under the passenger seat. Once the EMT's arrived the decision was made to have Life Flight come in to transport her out. So, she was hurt pretty bad.

When I got off the phone with 911... I looked at the accident scene and I felt so ashamed at how I had been having they pity party. I felt so blessed to have MY trivial little problems. I decided that I will try never to complain about what I am having to face and I will welcome my adversities as growth potential... and because I now know how quickly they can get worse.

Meg... feeling pretty humble right now

3 comments:

Shar said...

Mom and I heard Sheri Dew talk tonight at my stake relief society conference, and she had some amazing things to say that I am going to email you this weekend.

One of them: What profound confidence the Lord had in us, that he saved us for now.

Meg, what profound confidence the Lord had in you, that he saved you for now.

He knows you can do it, now He is just making sure you know it.

I love you! You're in my prayers - because that is one crazy week to go through. Love you tons!!

Stef and Curtis said...

Wow Mom! I don't really know what to say other than WOW!

Stef and Curtis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.