Saturday, February 21, 2009

Taking it ALL in STRIDE!!

Did I learn my lesson about my adversities... I can say that I have passed the test!! Friday night I go into the kitchen to clean it up... I turn on the hot water... and hmmmm no hot water... no big deal I go down to the basement and I am going to relight the pilot light... I get it lit... and go back upstairs to wait for hot water so I can take a nice long hot bubble bath... About an hour goes by... and still no hot water... so I go back down to the basement and re-light the pilot light again... this time I stay and see what happens... it is only stays lit for a few minutes, before it goes out again... I try several times to get it lit and to stay that way but no such luck... Okay the water heater is dead...

I call the heater repairman that was just here at 3pm to replace the heater part... and get the heater working... I ask him if he works on water heaters... I tell him what is going on and he thinks he knows the problem and that he will be right over to see if he can fix it.

He comes over and guess what... he can't fix it. It is a problem with specific water heaters... I am able to call the company and have the parts shipped... they will be here Tuesday!!

So with ALL the other things going bad and/or breaking.... how did I handle the water heater going out! I have to report that I did take it in stride... I think it will be Melissa that will suffer more than I will... I am at the group home all weekend... so I will take my showers here!! Melissa said she will just go to friends houses....

I have learned one lesson this week about adversity... I think I have another one still yet to learn... I am up for anything that happens!!

Meg

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meg! I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you in your times of trial. He will perservere (as I'm sure you know), and I pray you continue to pool your strength from Him when you are in need.

jenifriend