Sunday, January 25, 2009

For the beauty of the earth, For the Beauty of the skies...






















This morning I woke up to my world covered in a fresh blanket of white. It was so beautiful and peaceful. I grabbed my camera, put on my snow boots and my heavy jacket and went for a walk around my house and tried to capture the peacefulness I was feeling.

I love snowy days like today... Not too much snow. Not too cold. No wind. And, before the rest of the world wakes up and before the snow plows come out... there is such a quiet peacefulness that I just can't pass up. I am amazed at the beauty that Heaven Father has created for us to enjoy.

I was able to capture the peace not only in pictures but also in my heart and carry it with me all day.

Meg

3 comments:

Stef and Curtis said...

That's awesome Mom! Love you and miss you. Can't wait to see you in July!

Anonymous said...

great job, meg! i am hoping that one day i have the perserverance to wake up in the morning and trot outside to snap some shots before work...maybe when we move to our new house i'll consider it...just maybe though!! :)

jenifriend

Kary Ann Hoopes Photography said...

I am so jealous. I miss the snow. Your blog will be a fun way to keep in touch. ours is
hoopeshome.blogspot.com