Friday, January 30, 2009

Anger












Did you know that anger in it's self is not bad...? but it's what you do with your anger is what makes it bad... that is what I learned in my counseling group, divorce care last week. Our lesson was all about the different types of anger and the good and bad ways to express your anger...

When I went to class I knew what the topic was about... and since I have been working on letting go of some anger that I have been carrying around... and doing pretty well. I was thinking that "oh I have this one in the bag..." What is that quote... " Want to see God laugh, tell him your plans!!" So I was tested... and I have found that I have a ways to go..

Then today... I got so angry with myself. I am so mad for sitting these last couple years and being stagnant...not moving forward with the issues in my life. Most of the reason why I was just sitting because I was living with my anger... and letting it dictate what I did. I knew back last May that I was being emotionally stunted by my anger... When Tory gave birth to Abby... I was so happy, but I didn't cry tears of joy and that isn't like me at all. I was also was holding on to the anger because knew I had a lot of pain that I wasn't ready to feel. So, I just sat back and let life pass me by... and now that I am ready to move on... I have to go back and take care of the things that I didn't take care of... I have to go thru the emotions that I've surpressed... this isn't going to be fun. But I know it will be worth it!!

In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me. Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength. Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

~Psalms 31:1-5

Thank goodness for prayer and for a Heavenly Father that is loving and forgiving... He has so much patience with me... and, I have learned from him to have patience with myself and take one day at a time and one issue at a time. I know I will come thru all of this with my smile intact... I promise....

Speaking of promises... I was given the following poem from Nila who got it from Nicole.... I did some research and found that it is the Optimist Creed written in 1912 by Christian Larson

Promise Yourself

To be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.

To talk health, happiness, and prosperity to every person you meet.

To make all your friends feel that there is something worthwhile in them.

To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.

To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.

To be just as enthusiastic about the success of others as you are about your own.

To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.

To wear a cheerful expression at all times and give a smile to every living creature you meet.

To give so much time to improving yourself that you have no time to criticize others.

To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.

To think well of yourself and to proclaim this fact to the world, not in loud word, but in great deeds.

To live in the faith that the whole world is on your side, so long as you are true to the best that is in you.

Christian D. Larson
1912

Love ya...Meg

No comments: