Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Photography Challenge

I found a website that has photography challenges every 2 weeks. I jumped in on this weeks challenge... to me it was a tad bit difficult to find the right shot. Here is the challenged "Contre-jour is a french term meaning "against the light". Take a photo that exploits lighting and plays with under and over-exposed areas to dramatic effect - in other words, the opposite of HDR approaches, which try to compress the range of contrast." This challenge was harder than it sounds.... I looked for days. Then yesterday afternoon, the rain stopped and the sun came out... I looked out the window and saw this bright green spot on a tree... I grabbed my camera and went outside... my initial idea didn't work out. But, I found this one before the sun was gone again. I have uploaded it to the website forum, I have not heard if I got the assignment right or not... I will let you know as soon as I do....

I think I got the right idea with this shot.... see how the sunshine makes those few leaves pop while the shade is hiding the other leaves?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I love it!! I think it sounds like you got it right, let us know! This picture is so cool. I would hang it in my house for fall...hmmm..want to do two more fallish pics to make a set?!
Love love love you!

Meg said...

I am taking my camera with me on my way to Maryville... I will look for a couple more!!

Thanks for looking Nic...°Ü°

Kathleen said...

Meg thanks for blog hopping over to my blog - BECS is a serious (but seldom recognized) varient of BEAS - I hope you can keep it under control - but I see you are very creative and the art, craft, scrapbook and stamp supplies may be more than you are able to resist due to the advanced stage of your disease-