Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Welcome Fall




















The days are growing shorter.... the morning air is cool and crisp... the golden rod is blooming and I am sneezing A LOT... Besides the sneezing I do love Missouri in the fall. The sky becomes so blue against the colors of the changing leaves... it's just so picturesque. The scarecrow is in my front yard... I just planted the mums and I can't wait for them to bloom... I have a yellow, a purple and an orange. I have some pumpkins I painted I need to dig out and add the my little fall display. For those who are interested there are some pictures of my living room. I painted it a calming but friendly green. The old winds against the wall are going to be picture frames for pictures of my kids and the big leaded window will be hung above the couch. Melissa keeps bugging me to get the pictures hung.... I think she wants the house to look more like our home.... I need to get an area rug for the living room too. But they are expensive so I will have to wait for that... Since the previous tenants FINALLY moved all of their stuff out of the basement I have been busy cleaning and and organizing the basement. The other day I went into the scariest spot in my home... under the basement stairs... The cobwebs were thick. I got the shop vac and they all disappeared... along with several crickets. During the cleaning I found an antique oval frame with an antique picture of a little girl. The frame and picture have been under there for a long long time.... The house is only about 35 years old, so the picture was put there by a previous tenant... I know the family that moved into the house when it was brand new. I will ask them first if the picture is theirs... Okay here are the pictures of my living room...

This view is from the dining room looking into the living room. I want to find an antique or vintage dresser to put the TV on. The floors are lighter than they photographed...


This is the front door and entry area... I need to recover those chairs...




This is the view from the front door...you can see my large leaded window. The window was pulled out of an old house in Darlington, MO before is was distroyed. I just love it. Just think of all the stories that window could tell if we could look through it and see what it witnessed... That sounds like the beginning of a good book or movie... hmm. Anyone know a writer?


Meg

3 comments:

Shar said...

love the pictures of the house! Love the new story to write ;o)

Shar said...

any CA visits...say near WINTER when you're longing for sun? like maybe...christmas??

Nicole said...

HI!! Thanks for the fun comment on my blog! I am missing you guys tons. The pics of Addie are darling. I wish I lived close by!! I love the pics of your cute home!! Someday I will get to come see it again. And your description of fall is just perfect. I love fall..just not winter!
And DITTO shar's comment about a Cali visit..please, pretty pretty please?!
(We'll all be there for Christmas)
Love love love you tons and tons,
Nicole and boys