Monday, September 29, 2008

My New BLUE Table....














After a busy birthday week... wish it was full of R&R, but it was full of work and softball games!! For my birthday I did get 2 FULL days off in a row!! Ange went home on Sat morning and won't come home until this afternoon... After I dropped Ange off at her home on Sat morning I spent the rest of my day at a softball tournament... watching Melissa. The weather was HOT! The first 2 games it was okay because there was shade and there a nice breeze... the third game didn't start until 3:30pm and the breeze was all but gone and the shade had moved so you couldn't see the game if you sat in it... so for 1.5 hours I sat in the hot sun.... That evening Nila and Gene made a birthday dinner for Jolene and me. (Jolene's b-day is 9/26 - same as Curtis') It was really nice to eat a meal that I didn't cook or have to pay for!! I was suppose to go dancing with the girls at band night... but after dinner I came home and fell asleep waiting for the dryer to dry my clothes... does that mean I am getting old?

Sunday was pretty quiet... but I was still in the exhausted mode... that is what happens when I have time off... I have a HUGE list of things I want to get done... but I end up getting NOTHING done... but R&R that is... I sat on the couch and watched chick flicks... I kept telling myself as soon as this movie is over I will get up and work on some project... never happened... until Tory , Brent and Abby showed up.... They brought me my Bday present... a little history first...

  1. My favorite color is blue.
  2. I collect blue and white china
  3. Tory and I stopped at a garage sale last week and I saw this beautiful old table painted blue...

Well....Tory and Brent bought me the blue table... I let is sit in the living room until I decided where I wanted it... I finally moved it to the dinning room last night to try it out... this morning I brought in my spider plant from the back patio and dug out some of my nick nakcs from the old house and set up my table... in it's permanent home.... THANK YOU so much Tory and Brent I really.... really love my table... doesn't it look good where it is at... I really am having fun turning my house into MY HOME!!


















This morning is nice and quiet.... I was sitting here on my couch contemplating all the things I have to get done today... watching a rerun of 3rd Watch... I looked up and noticed the beautiful scene out my front window... as I sat here looking out the window... I thought that is just so pretty I should snap a picture... and there on my coffee table sat my camera.... so I grabbed it and snapped.... the fall colors of the leaves is what first caught my eye. The breeze was blowing the leaves so the colors were all convoluted together to make the beautiful shade I call FALL!

Okay.. gotta go!
Love....Meg

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Ooooh I LOVE it! It looks so good right where you put it too! Seriously, what a beautiful table. It sounds like you had fun for your b-day! Wish I were there to give you the full 25 spankings you deserve. haha. :P
As for christmas, I know, I know. It's just wishful thinking. :)
And I can tell from your picture that some of my birthday wish for you is already coming true. hehe
Love you lots

Karen said...

I love the blue table! What a great gift! I want one! I went to an antique store right up the street from my new house the other day and found some stuff I like-but I bet it's not as cheap as you can find in Missouri! I found a neat cabinet with glass door for my quilts!