Friday, October 24, 2008

Unexpected Good-byes are HARD!!

This morning I was awoken by a phone call that a high school classmate and friend of Christy and Tory had been killed in a car accident last night... The young man that was killed was Christy's first boyfriend when we moved to Missouri... they remained friends thru middle school and high school. Christy also had the opportunity to tutor him in Algebra in high school. Since graduation they have kept in touch with each other... I was worried about telling Christy. She took the news fairly well this morning... But, I was not surprised when I received a call and when I answered my phone I heard my daughter at the other end crying, saying..."It's hit me Mom...", we talked for a few until she felt better...

All day long I felt the strongest urge to reach out to each of my children... and let them know that I love them... it made me think about my relationship with each of them. Do they know I love them? Not just love them because they are my child... but I love the person that they are? I did speak with most of my children today.... I've had a hard time focusing on my daily duties today... My mind would wander to the young man's family and all the things they would be having to do and emotions that they would be going thru. I thought about Christy and would wonder how she was doing...

This afternoon I was blog hopping and I stumbled on a very special blog... as I read the entry I didn't under stand what it meant... Here is what it said...

Escape....
Grab your kleenex. Send the kids outside. Open your mind and your heart and

go here for a very uplifting experience.

At first I didn't notice the link... then I clicked on it. Wow!! What a message!! The perfect message for the day I am having!! Oh how I cried.... then I felt a peace come over me!! I remembered what I have been taught!! I feel so much better about the whole situation!!

Meg

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you found the link and you received what you needed. We all need to be a little more gentle with ourselves. To remember who we really are, why we are here and that we are loved- deeply by our Savior.

Nicole said...

My heart goes out to his family. And to to all of you! Thank you so much for sharing this link. It is so amazing. And have never heard about it and it is actually in Salt Lake right now so we are going for sure! Thank you thank you!!

Love lots and lots!

Shar said...

I'm sorry to hear about your hard day, and about the sad reason why. Isn't it amazing how Heavenly Father sends the perfect thing to help us when we need it most? i love that video
thanks for sharing it! I needed to see it again today. love you.