Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Softball... Christy.... and... Abby

SOFTBALL


























This past week has been busy... Melissa had a traveling softball team tournament down in Overland Park, Kansas...that she participated in. Her team, the Cobras, played in 5 games. 3 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. Melissa played center field... her all time favorite position. She loves to catch fly balls... especially if she has to make a diving catch... one of these days I will get a picture of her doing it... I usually get caught up in the game and forget to take the picture... Melissa really has some talent. She's already had a college scout come and look at her and another girl on her school team. Melissa is getting known for her arm... She can catch a ball in center field and from center field thrown the ball home and make the out! This weekend she caught a fly ball and threw the ball home and hit the runner in the head... good thing the runner was wearing her helmet... it was an amazing throw!

CHRISTY


















Christy drove over from Columbia to watch Melissa play softball... Watching the young girls play softball made Christy feel old. She played on a traveling team when she was Melissa's age. The first couple of innings she just sat and watched... then she really got into the game!! Christy brought Dutchess with her... The sign at the park entry says NO PETS... But we brought her in with us and just kept her right by us. Since having her 2 litters of puppies and then getting spayed... she really is a VERY good dog... One park employee told Christy that she had to take her out... But Christy talked him into letting her keep her in the park.... Melissa and I really enjoyed having Christy with us at the games... During the games I just take pictures... I go inside the fence and stand in the press box they chalk out, so I can get good pictures. During the first game I almost got his by a foul ball that went by so fast I didn't even see it... the first base coach did the get out of it's way dance so I followed his lead... I was told that the ball missed my rear end by maybe an inch.... whew... that would have hurt!!
and....ABBY (5 months) All Dress up for HALLOWEEN



















Tory had called earlier in the week and asked if I would watch Abby while she went to a lecture Monday night... Since I would all ready be in Maryville I told her I would. Christy drove over later to help me... While I was there Tory wanted me to take some picture of Abby in her Halloween costume... she looked so adorable... We were having so much fun just the 4 of us Tory decided to ditch her lecture and stay home with us... I made stuffed pasta shells, spinach salad and garlic bread for dinner. Yummy!! Tory and I had to go shopping so I could make dinner... Abby had gone down for a nap so Christy volunteered to stay at the apartment while we ran to Wal-Mart... When we arrive at Wal-Mart Tory notices that she has 2 cell phones... She has hers and Christy's GREAT!! We hope Abby does not wake up while we are gone!! We get what we needed and head home... as we walk in the door we hear Abby crying... and Christy is walking out of her bedroom with her... Christy did GREAT with Abby... she figured out how to change her diaper and everything... and Abby only has 2 legs and no fur!! Christy was NOT happy when she figured out she didn't have a cell phone... Tory made Abby a bottle and when she was in a happy mood she put her in her Halloween costume and we started taking pictures.... We had so much fun with her!! Tory says that I can not postthe pictures until Halloween... So I am bein good and not posting them on my blog!!

After dinner, Tory looked thru the pictures and picked out some that she wanted to get some prints of... and this time we all packed up and headed to Wal-Mart, good thing it's very close to Tory's apartment. Christy and I walked around keeping Abby happy while Tory got her prints... When we got back to Tory's, Christy and I had fun playing with Abby... We would talk to her in these really deep voices and she would just laugh at us... so then we would laugh at her... We did this for a long time. When it got late I headed home because I had to sleep at the group home. so ... Christy spent the night at Tory's. Christy said that Abby laughed at her deep voice in the morning too... so now we know how to make her laugh... at least this month!!
Okay I have a question to the Mom's and Grandma's what do you think I should do? Should I buy Angel the "Hanna Montana Costume"... that is $20 at Wal-Mart or should I spend a few more dollars and get her a pair of sparkly jeans and a cool Hanna Montana long sleeve t-shirt that she can wear all winter long? I keep vacillating on being a fun what the heck grandma and being the thrifty grandma... While Christy and I were walking around Wal-Mart and I showed her the costume vs. the outfit and she was NO help at all!! The really hard part is that I know Angel needs some winter clothes and it would be helping Eric and Jolene out.... with Halloween just around the corner I need to decide!! HELP!!
Meg


1 comment:

Shar said...

gosh the softball games, the dinner together, the dressing up Abby ...it all sounds like so much fun!

I say for Angel you get her the winter clothes. The costumes only last one day and usually aren't warm enough to wear anywhere...and the outfit sounds like you could maybe make her look like Hannah Montana still.