Wednesday, October 15, 2008

CK Convention in Kansas City !!















A few months ago I saw that Creating Keepsakes Convention was coming to Kansas City...on October 10-11th!! Since I don't have a friend that is creative in the same areas that I am... in fact I don't know a person in Albany that actually scrapbooks or does a paper crafting.... I knew I would be going alone.... and I was okay with that... I know my moto is the more the merrier... but I also like to spend time alone with myself... When I went to the CK website to find out the details I noticed they were looking for volunteers... Cool... idea! VOLUNTEER get in for FREE and the get inside scoop!! But wait! As I scrolled down the page... an announcement from vendors looking for HELP!! Even better.... get in for FREE... work the convention and get PAID!! I emailed several vendors... and Suzanne from the Eyelet Outlet answered first.... and I am so glad she did.... I had a GREAT time. Suzanne did not come to the show... she sent Lisa. I really had an enjoyable time... I spent 2 days showing ladies and a few gents... how to set an eyelet with just a ball point pen... if you are a crafter you know that you usually have to use a hammer and eyelet setter to set an eyelet. Suzanne has created a new type of eyelet called Quicklets, that only needs a ball point pen to set it... Go to her website and check it out... Not only does Eyelet outlet have cool eyelets she has a TON of cool brads....


One of the best things about going to the Convention is all the deals you get... I got my Score Pal, Bind it All and a ton of brads and eyelets below cost...
















I was so tired Friday night... I went to a Mexican food restaurant and ordered my dinner to go... I was so busy all day long I never ate lunch... so I was STARVING... I went back to my room... got comfy... and devoured my dinner.... then I just went to bed!! Saturday I demonstrated Quicklets all day long... Helped Lisa pack up the booth and headed home...

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Paid to have fun...how cool is that?!
Love you