Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Prom ~ 2008

This is Melissa's first time going to prom. She went dress shopping back in February and found her dress. She went with friends so I was a little apprehensive when she call me from Kansas City to tell me she found the perfect dress. When I saw the dress on the hanger.... I was still unsure. But when I saw the dress on her I had to agree... it was perfect. The color and the bling on it made it look elegant on her.... After all the foo fooing...eye brows waxed, hair, nails, make up , fake eyelashes... Melissa was wondering if she really wanted to go.... But in the end she looked just beautiful and was excited to go. Here in the back woods the our community really gets together to put on a nice prom for the kids.... The Senior Parents organize a dinner for the kids. This year the prom theme was Tahitian Nights... a local restaurant closed for regular business for 1.5 hours and the parents went in a decorated with a beachy feel. After the kids have eaten is Promenade time. Promenade is held at the high school gym... all the attendees are introduced to the crowd and we get to see all the girls in their gowns and the guys all dressed up in their tuxes. After promenade it's off to prom.... the past several years Prom has been at off school location. The Junior Class do ALL the decorating for prom. They have help from several teachers. I didn't go down and peek this year...but previous yeas I have helped or just peeked and an outstanding job is done with the decorations.... When prom is over.... then comes AFTER Prom. The Junior Class parents are in charge of putting this on.... This year they had carnival type games; ping pong ball toss, cake walks, bingo, etc... For entertainment they had a hypnotist. They are always fun to watch...and funny too! Melissa tried but she couldn't let go enough. She told me she was self conscience with the crowd. Melissa and I got home at 3:30 am. I am way to old to be up so late... I slept in the next day...but I was still grumpy. Nice to know that Melissa was too!!



1 comment:

Nicole said...

Wow!!! She looks gorgeous! Yellow is a fantastic color on her! And prom sounds SO fun! Wish I could've gone to YOURS!
Love you guys.