Saturday, December 15, 2007

CHICAGO......

My sister Beth and her hubby Frank moved to Chicago in September. Beth has been wanting me to come and visit since they moved. With going to Jefferson City, MO and Nicole and Karen visiting MO in October, then Tory and I going to CA in November..... I finally made my plans to go and visit Beth in December. The ice storm last week I was worried that I would not make it.... Beth and Frank would be upset with me as part of my Christmas present was to go to the Oriental Theater in downtown Chicago and see WICKED!! Beth, Frank, Me and Frank's sister Joann first went to dinner at Petterino's, a fancy Italian restaurant a block from the theater.... It was one of those restaurants that you see on TV that have character drawing of famous people... some signed by the famous person some not!! The food was awesome! My dinner started with a Cesar salad, followed by the main course of Steak Diane.... and for dessert the richest and most decadent chocolate cake I have had in a long time.... After dinner I wished that the theater was about 4 blocks away... enough to take the fullness from dinner away.... But since it was so cold out side the block away was a nice quick walk. The architecture of the Oriental Theater is just amazing. This picture I found on the Internet does not do it justice.... Very ornate theater. The musical itself was just awesome. The story line and music kept you wanting more. I never felt board or that the story line lagged. Knowing the story of the Wizard of Oz it was fun making the connections from this story to the one I grew up on.
While I have been here in Chicago I have been able to get a lead on my Christmas shopping. Living where unique shops are fare and few.... it's been fun to shop! I will have some packaging and mailing to get ready.... but I soon will be done.



No comments: