Sunday, December 02, 2007

Winter Weather


Winter weather has come to the mid-west. BRRRRR Saturday morning we woke up to an ice storm. There was a thin layer of ice all over everything.... I took the opportunity to stay home during the morning and I started baking some Christmas goodies... I made some granola, some Candy Bar Bars, and I made a layered brownies gift bag... When Karen and Nicole were here we found some tiny mini marshmallows at an amish coountry store. I want to make some Christmas Cocoa with the mini marshmallows and then add some little peppermint cooking pieces. Sounds yummy!! With then oven on most of the morning the house was nice and toasty and smelled yummy too...

Saturday night Melissa had a basketball game...the championship game to the Annual Albany Basketball Tournament. She is playing varsity this year and I love to go and watch her play.... Each game she is playing more and more. The weather warmed up and melted the ice so going to the game was not a big deal. The girls lost the game so they came away with 2nd place.... This picture is of Melissa taking a free throw shot.



Today I took my neighbors Christmas pictures.... their daughter has a fear of characters in costumes....so sitting on Santa's lap is NOT happening.... well see what we did today..... we took pictures of Kenlyn with Santa.... After Christmas last year I purchased a Santa suit on clearance. I have been waiting a year to do this!! I know my lighting isn't great..... but I love the shots!!




2 comments:

Shar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shar said...

Way to go Melissa! She is such an amazing athlete! I think she got all the athletic talent that was allotted the Abreu girls. :P

You're a talented photographer Meg. So...who was Santa? did you say and I just missed it?

I love you and miss you. I want Kapria to get to know and love her crazy aunt Meg just as much as I do! I hope you're having a better week. Love,Shar