Friday, January 01, 2010

New Day... New Year... New Life

My first day of my new year started with a delightful nights sleep. I worked at the group home and I was contently sound asleep shortly after 10 pm. Melissa woke me up at 2 am to wish me a Happy New Year... I made one short phone call to wish a dear friend a Happy New Year and to send my love... and I was able to roll back over and go right back to sleep... until 7 am.

My day consisted of wonderful conversations with tears and laughter... talk of things of the past and the adventures in the future... lovely... lovely day!!

I watched the movie Julie & Julia... what a wonderful movie about 2 amazing women. I must admit I am not a huge fan of Julia Child... she always seemed like a big pompous oaf to me... but since my mother loved her... I put up with her!! But after seeing the movie I do have a tad bit more respect for her and her accomplishments... I am more inspired by Julie in the movie to take on the daunting task of cooking thru Julia's cookbook... It has made me wonder... what will I accomplish this year? What will I take on and complete? What will be my challenge this year...? I could lose a few pounds... but I want to make myself a better person on the inside not just on the outside... I want a project to accomplish....one I can say I did it on my own!!

I will be pondering and praying about this the next few days... I have and idea... but I would like to get confirmation from above... so that I have the support I need first..

Meg

2 comments:

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

Can't wait to see what your inside/outsid project is going to be!!!

So what are you going to get RID of from 2009, (and you cant use the obvious!!!). I think it is a much easier thing to do... than to try and do something (resolution) for a whole year...

Love Beth...

Unknown said...

You are awesome my friend.