Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wow! What a Week!!

Saturday night at about midnight I received a call from Tory... she had gone to the bathroom and found some blood. Not a ton... but enough to worry. Brent, Sonya (Brent's Mom) and I, packed up Tory and headed off to the hospital in Maryville... (45 minutes away). When we got there they quickly got a sonogram done and found a small place where her placenta was pulling away from her uterus. They put on belly bands to monitor Abby. She was doing fine... she was not showing any stress at all....Tory was having some contractions, but small ones. Her Doctor kept her on bed rest in the hospital and by Sunday afternoon it looked like the bleeding had stopped. Tory remained in the hospital and had to lay on her side until Wednesday. The poor thing did get to eat but once a day for the first 2 days...just in case she had to have an emergency C-Section.


The doctors are hoping with modified bed rest, Abby will stay put until May 22nd. They want Tory to come back to the hospital and be induced then. The reason for her being induced is the fear that if she goes into labor on her own the placenta may begin to tear off 100% and that would not be good, being 45 minutes away from the OB hospital.

As of tonight I think I have caught up on all my sleep... I am getting old because I have been so tired all week long. I know that part of my exaustion is that I have been worried about Tory and Abby... Your calls and emails letting me know that you are thinking and praying for Tory has helped so thanks so much!!


Much love,
Meg

No comments: